It’s that time of the year again! If you want to see spring blooms you’ve got to start in the fall. You can order bulbs online or purchase them in store. Having spring blooms is easier and closer than you think! Do the hard work in the fall and you’ll be thanking yourself in spring! Here’s how to get started!
1. Buy Bulbs The hardest part is probably picking out what bulbs to plant. There are so many to choose from.
2. Buy Bulb Fertilizer. This a super important step. Fertilizing during planting gives your bulbs a boost when it’s time to wake up in spring!
3. Pick a spot. Choose a spot with great sun and good drainage. One thing bulbs hate is being waterlogged.
4. Water them in. After planting you will want to water them. You can also mulch at this time. You do not need to water them regularly until spring the following year.
5. Enjoy! Wether you like to create bouquets or leave your blooms in place take some time to enjoy your efforts.