Houseplants have risen in popularity significantly since the P-word. It has ignited a fire in so many people to grow houseplants and become gardeners. It’s amazing.
Houseplants have been popular for centuries, but in recent years, their popularity has exploded. This is due to a number of factors, including the rise of social media, the growing interest in indoor gardening, and the many benefits that houseplants offer us.
This post may contain affiliate links. Should you make a purchase I could receive a small commission to further my gardening dreams.
Social media has played a major role in the popularity of houseplants. Platforms like Instagram and Pinterest are full of photos and videos of beautiful houseplants, which has inspired many people to start their own plant collections.
Social media has also made it easier for people to learn about houseplants and how to care for them. There are now many plant influencers and bloggers who share their knowledge and tips with their followers.
There is a growing interest in indoor gardening, and houseplants are a big part of this trend. People are drawn to indoor gardening for a variety of reasons, including the desire to grow their own food, and create a more biophilic living space.
Houseplants are also a popular choice for people who live in apartments or condos, as they can provide a touch of nature even in a small space.
Houseplant Styling Tips
- Choose the right plants for your space. Not all plants are created equal, so it’s important to choose plants that will thrive in the conditions of your home. If you have a lot of natural light, you can choose from a wider variety of plants. If your home is on the darker side, you’ll need to choose plants that are more tolerant of low light.
- Consider the size and shape of your plants. When choosing plants for your home, think about the size and shape of the plants as well as their foliage. You’ll want to choose plants that will complement the style of your home and the other elements in your décor.
- Arrange your plants in a way that creates interest. Don’t just stick your plants in any old spot. Take some time to arrange them in a way that creates interest and makes your home look more inviting. You can group plants together, create a focal point, or even hang plants from the ceiling.
- Use decorative pots to add personality. The pots you choose can make a big difference in the overall look of your plants. Choose pots that complement the style of your home and the colors of your plants. You can also use decorative pots to add a pop of color or pattern to your décor.
- Take care of your plants. The most important thing to remember is to take care of your plants. Water them regularly, fertilize them as needed, and keep them in the right light conditions. With a little care, your houseplants will thrive and add beauty to your home for years to come.
Need help caring for your houseplants during winter? Check out this post!
- Use plants to fill empty spaces. If you have a blank wall or a bare windowsill, consider adding a plant to fill the space. Plants can also be used to hide unsightly areas, such as a heating vent or a water heater.
- Use plants to create a focal point. If you want to create a focal point in a room, use a large plant or a group of plants. You can also use plants to create a sense of privacy or to define a space.
- Use plants to add height. If your ceilings are low, use plants to add height to the room. You can hang plants from the ceiling or place tall plants on a bookshelf or a console table.
- Use plants to add color. If you want to add color to your home, use plants with colorful foliage. There are many different plants available with leaves in a variety of colors, so you’re sure to find something that will match your décor.
Houseplants are a popular choice for people of all ages and lifestyles. They offer a number of benefits, both physical and mental, and they are relatively easy to care for and style.