Composting can seem like an incredibly difficult task to learn. Many compost guru’s can get a little too science-y and cause people to think composting is just too complicated. I’m here to tell you it’s not complicated and in fact I’ve got a fun list of 10 weird items you can add to your compost bin.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you click on a link and make a purchase. I only recommend products that I truly believe in, and I always disclose my affiliate relationships transparently.
Weird items for your compost bin
- Finger Nail Clippings
- Shoes (Fabric portion)
- Household pet waste (Pets with vegetarian diet)
- Dryer Lint
- Coffee Grounds
- Fire Place Ash or BBQ Grill Ash
- Old Freezer Fruits and Veggies
Composting tips for beginners
- Use a compost tumbler. Compost tumblers are a great option for people who live in small spaces or who don’t have a lot of time to tend to their compost.
- Add worms to your compost bin. Worms can help to break down organic matter more quickly.
- Use a compost accelerator. Compost accelerators are products that can help to speed up the composting process.
- Turn your compost regularly. Turning your compost helps to aerate it and speed up the decomposition process.
Composting is really easy, even for beginners. You can start adding to your compost bin today and reap the rewards of nutrient-rich soil and a reduced environmental impact.